Friday 30 October 2009

David O Brien 09005620

David O Brien 09005620

The blog I chose for the assignment is this one:

Link Here

This blog, 'thestereobus' is a blog written and moderated by producer Dan Conner. Dan keeps busy, updating the blog once daily. The blog offers tips and techniques to the world of Digital Audio Recording/Mixing/Mastering. The blog does not become repetitive as the topics approached are broad. One topic could be on compressing acoustic guitars and a following post could be about placing speakers in your mixing room. Dan's posts are consistently good, without too much material to stir skepticism, and for argument to take place, he has facilitated us with a comments section at the end of each topic. The comments section is a good source of a few more audio enthusiast's take on the topic posted and makes for good reading.

The blog is written half and half technical jargon and easily understood simple text. Much like an episode of BBC's 'Top Gear' both the motoring enthusiast and the casual joe soap can enjoy watching the programme.

My chosen topic is from this blog, where the focus is on Spectum and Phase Analysis using Plugins in your DAW.

I like the author's approach here, he begins by introducing these tools with a word of caution, not use them unless you can hear a problem already, as you might not see what you expect. I like the line:
"The people who buy your track are going to do an awful lot more listening to it than looking at it!"
The topic appealed to me because I often use these tools myself and having read that post I feel next time I crack out the spectrum analyzer I'll have a more comfortable time using it to bring out the best in a mix.

The topic can be found:
Here


Links to my 4 posts. (3 of which are waiting moderation...as I wait impatiently!)

Link1

Link2

Link3

Link4

1 comment: