Friday 30 October 2009

Student: Chris O' Grady (09006061)
Chosen blog: (CrunchGear http://www.crunchgear.com/)
Chosen post: (http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/10/27/rock-music-is-dead-and-all-the-rock-band-in-the-world-wont-save-it/#comment-1124241)

- The blog I have chosen was founded by Michael Arrington. The blog covers many things such as the latest gadgets and computer hardware. I was impressed by the regularity of posts, with many new blogs being posted everyday. Of course, not all the blogs generate a huge response, but for the most part a lot of activity takes place here. With many different people contributing, there's always something new to read up on.
- In my opinion, the target audience is anyone with an interest in the latest news in technology (computer games, phones, gadgets etc.) Perhaps a slightly more mature audience though, as the majority of comments are from people with a lot of knowledge in the field.
- The language used isn't complicated, and I love that. Everything is said in simple terms, which makes it very easy to get involved. It's impossible to find something interesting if it's all nonsense and jargon to you, which is why I really enjoyed the blogs that are posted here. The atmosphere is generally good, and people can voice their opinions without having to worry about sounding stupid.
- The layout was also very accessible. The titles of all the latest posts are listed, usually accompanied with a picture and an interesting caption. It's also very easy to find the previous blogs you visited again. I have no complaints about it.
- My favourite post was "Rock music is dead, and all the Rock Band in the world won't save it". Although I strongly disagree with that statement, I still found this blog to be my favourite read. I understand what point the author Nicholas Deleon was trying to make, but I don't think he argued his case that well. I'm a gamer myself, and Rock Band is something I quite enjoy, so I found it nice to see how many others felt he was wrong too. This blog also generated quite a response in comparison to many of the other ones. This blog combined my interest in music, games and gadgets which is why I enjoyed reading it and taking part in the discussion.

My comments on blogs:
Comment 1

Comment 2

Comment 3

Comment 4

No comments:

Post a Comment